What the IATF2020 has to offer?
The IATF provides a platform for entry into a single market of over one billion people joined together by the African Continental Free Trade Area.
The objectives of the Intra-African Trade Fair include the following:
- To bring together continental and global players to showcase and exhibit their goods and services, explore business and investment opportunities in Africa;
- To serve as a marketplace where buyers and sellers of goods and services meet and explore business opportunities;
- To provide a platform for Business to Business (B2B)/Business to Government (B2G) exchanges, match-making and development of business and investment opportunities
- To share trade, investment and market information with various stakeholders including investors, SMEs, the informal sector, Africans in Diaspora, and identify solutions to address the challenges affecting intra-African trade;
- For Afreximbank as well as other financial institutions to share information about their trade finance and trade facilitation interventions that will support intra-African trade;
- To discuss topical issues affecting intra-African trade and provide practical and effective solutions; and
- To deploy multi-country and multi company pavilions that will serve as one-stop shop for intra-African trade and investment opportunities in Africa.
The IATF Trade & Investment Forum
A B2B/B2G Exchange Platform
A B2B/B2G exchange platform where buyers and sellers (private and government entities) can meet to discuss and close business deals, seek advisory services, present and exchange information on their trade and investment projects
The IATF Conference
The IATF Conference will run alongside the exhibition.
This year’s co conference will address topical issues relating to trade finance, payments, trade facilitation, trade-enabling infrastructure, harmonisation of trade standards, industralization, regional value chains and investment. There will also be an opportunity for training exporters on how to access the African market and twinning arrangements with other African or global entities.
Country Day Feature African Countries will be invited to bid for the -Country Day Feature. There will only be five country days available and selected countries will have the opportunity to showcase their trade, investment, tourism and cultural opportunities. Afreximbank as well as other financial institutions will prioritise the processing of the projects and deals presented during the country day feature.
The Virtual Trade Fair (VTF)
The Virtual Trade Fair (VTF) would enable virtual participation by buyers and sellers in the Trade Fair.
The VTF has virtual booths mimicking the physical Trade Fair set up and is organised on an interactive online platform, which is accessible to all participants and those unable to attend the Trade Fair. For more information of the VTF please click the following link.
Showcasing Africa's creative economy with a Fashion Show, Music, Film, Creative Africa Summit and a dedicated Creative Industry Exhibition.
The Creative Africa Exhance ( CAX ) has been created to be a catalyst that brings together identified assests and resources within the creative industry's ecosystem.
Launched during the Intra Africa Trade Fair in Cairo in December 2018, CAX is the first exhange of its kind. The only pan-African summit for the creative ecosystem devoted to creativity in the fields of music, art, design, fashion, literature, culutre, publshing, film and television.