What the IATF2020 has to offer?
The IATF provides a platform for entry into a single market of over one billion people joined together by the African Continental Free Trade Area.
The objectives of the Intra-African Trade Fair include the following:
- To bring together continental and global players to showcase and exhibit their goods and services, explore business and investment opportunities in Africa;
- To serve as a marketplace where buyers and sellers of goods and services meet and explore business opportunities;
- To provide a platform for Business to Business (B2B)/Business to Government (B2G) exchanges, match-making and development of business and investment opportunities
- To share trade, investment and market information with various stakeholders including investors, SMEs, the informal sector, Africans in Diaspora, and identify solutions to address the challenges affecting intra-African trade;
- For Afreximbank as well as other financial institutions to share information about their trade finance and trade facilitation interventions that will support intra-African trade;
- To discuss topical issues affecting intra-African trade and provide practical and effective solutions; and
- To deploy multi-country and multi company pavilions that will serve as one-stop shop for intra-African trade and investment opportunities in Africa.
The IATF Trade & Investment Forum
A B2B/B2G Exchange Platform
A B2B/B2G exchange platform where buyers and sellers (private and government entities) can meet to discuss and close business deals, seek advisory services, present and exchange information on their trade and investment projects
The IATF Conference
The IATF Conference will run alongside the exhibition.
This year’s co conference will address topical issues relating to trade finance, payments, trade facilitation, trade-enabling infrastructure, harmonisation of trade standards, industralization, regional value chains and investment. There will also be an opportunity for training exporters on how to access the African market and twinning arrangements with other African or global entities.
Country Day Feature
African Countries will be invited to bid for the -Country Day Feature. There will only be five country days available and selected countries will have the opportunity to showcase their trade, investment, tourism and cultural opportunities. Afreximbank as well as other financial institutions will prioritise the processing of the projects and deals presented during the country day feature.
The Virtual Trade Fair (VTF)
The Virtual Trade Fair (VTF) would enable virtual participation by buyers and sellers in the Trade Fair.
The VTF has virtual booths mimicking the physical Trade Fair set up and is organised on an interactive online platform, which is accessible to all participants and those unable to attend the Trade Fair.
For more information of the VTF please click the following link.
Showcasing Africa's creative economy with a Fashion Show, Music, Film, Creative Africa Summit and a dedicated Creative Industry Exhibition.
The Creative Africa Exchange ( CAX ) has been created to be a catalyst that brings together identified assets and resources within the creative industry's ecosystem.
Launched during the Intra Africa Trade Fair in Cairo in December 2018, CAX is the first exchange of its kind. The only pan-African summit for the creative ecosystem devoted to creativity in the fields of music, art, design, fashion, literature, culture, publishing, film and television.
The promoter is: Intra-African Trade Fair whose registered office is at Culross Road, Sandton, South Africa.
The competition is open to anyone that likes, shares the competition posts on various Intra-African Trade Fair social media platforms on Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin and Instagram.
There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition.
By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
Route to entry for the competition and details of how to enter are via the Intra-African Trade Fair’s Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram profiles.
Closing date for entry will 18th January 2020. After this date the no further entries to the competition will be permitted.
No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
The rules of the competition and how to enter are as follows:
10. The promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of the promoter’s control. Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by the promoter.
11. The promoter is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by any third party connected with this competition.
12. The prize is as follows:
The prize is as stated and no cash or other alternatives will be offered. The prizes are not transferable. Prizes are subject to availability and we reserve the right to substitute any prize with another of equivalent value without giving notice.
13. Winners will be picked from all entries popular vote conducted via social media sites as measured and recorded and verified by Promoter and or its agents by the Intra-African Trade Fair.
14. The winner will be notified by email and/or DM on Twitter/Facebook and/or letter within 28 days of the closing date. If the winner cannot be contacted or do not claim the prize within 14 days of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner.
15. The promoter will notify the winner when and where the prize can be collected / is delivered.
16. The promoter’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
17. By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
18. The competition and these terms and conditions will be governed by South African law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of South Africa.
19. The winner agrees to the use of his/her name and image in any publicity material, as well as their entry. Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current South Africa data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent.
20. Entry into the competition will be deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions.
Intra-African Trade Fair decision as to those able to take part and selection of winners is final. No correspondence relating to the competition will be entered into.
Intra-African Trade Fair shall have the right, at its sole discretion and at any time, to change or modify these terms and conditions, such change shall be effective immediately upon posting to this webpage.
Intra-African Trade Fair reserves the right to cancel the competition if circumstances arise outside of its control.